Subject: Re: Film Recording
From: Dave Barnard <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 94 02:19 BST-1

Mark Thompson said:

>For software, you will need ADPro and ASDG's Abekas driver. For hardware,
>get an Exabyte 8500. Neither the 8505 or the 8200 are supported properly
>by the driver. Then, it is a simple matter of running an ARexx script with
>ADPro to dump a directory of rendered images to the Exabyte. You could also
>set it up to dump to tape as they are rendered as well. Then just tote that
>tape to an Abekas with an 8500 or 8505 and dump the D1 frames to it. It works
>just as easily in reverse, but make sure the Abekas is writing to an 8500.
>I once got a tape that was dumped to an 8200 and I had to rewind to the
>begining for every single frame.

ASDG tell me that the latest (1.2 ISTR) version of the Abekas saver works with
the 8200 drive. They will also upgrade for free: e-mail [email-masked].
for details.

I haven't been able to try it out with my 8200 yet as I'm still waiting for the
driver to arrive from the States... fingers crossed :)

The 8200 can be picked up a *lot* cheaper than the 8500's, so it's probably
worth investigating this option if finace is a consideration.

>--- Dave ---<